We want to begin by thanking you for displaying interest in writing for Masculine Books. We believe that this is a unique opportunity for men of all ages to publish content, mainly book reviews, so that they can:
- Grow their brand, blog or website,
- Enhance their writing skills,
- Encourage like-minded men to read great books, and best of all to
- Make money via affiliate sales of reviews.
What We’re Looking For
The purpose of this site is to help men find books that will enhance the quality of their life. That said, the books you write about should belong to a genre that men will find appealing. This is a pretty broad range, but it is clear that some genres are best left alone. These include:
- Erotica/Romance: Self-Explanatory
- Sci-Fi: Many people enjoy Science Fiction, but for the most part these books don’t exhibit much in the way of masculinity. It is possible to make exceptions, but it is best to avoid this genre.
- Self-Help (Most): This is a tricky genre, but for the most part most self-help books are bogus. A great biography or piece of literature will do loads more to develop a man than some run of the mill self-help book. If you’re going to choose a self-help book, it should be a reputable, classic book like How to Win Friends and Influence People or Think and Grow Rich. Please contact us though to run a proposal by us if you think you read a book worth writing about.
Word Count: Minimum 500 words. Keep in mind that the longer, and more in-depth a review is the more likely someone will be to buy it. However, if a review is too long readers will lose interest. Find a happy medium; 1000 words is a good benchmark.
Re-Posting: If you choose, you may repost the article on your own blog or another website. However, we do require that the content originally appear at Masculine Books. After it is posted on Masculine Books, we ask that you wait one week before reposting it. Because we are giving you the opportunity to profit from these articles, we do ask that you give Masculine Books the original post.
Frequency: We limit writers to posting to no more than once per week. Readers will be inundated with book reviews, as well as having access to the archives, and we don’t want to overwhelm readers with reviews; we want them to read books.
On top of that, reading more than a book a week is an impressive endeavor that requires lots of time. Most people don’t read that much, and writing reviews for every single book, more than once per week is likely to dilute quality.
Design: We expect that many of our reviewers will be familiar with the WordPress platform. For those that aren’t we will provide you with the necessary information to do so. Always feel free to contact us if you’re having any issues.
If both parties come to an agreement, a more detailed guide will be provided to you and then we will work from there to get the content on the site.
Best of luck, and we look forward to working with you soon!